Sunday, October 9, 2011

Pug Quilt for Charity

A few weeks ago I was asked by the charity, Under My Wing Pug Rescue (who I do the books for), if I could donate a quilt for their event coming up on October 30, 2011.  I had offered months ago that if they needed a quilt for an event, just let me know and I'd see what I could do.
Well, I had a disappearing 9-patch top put together that I didn't know what to do with.  I decided I could use it for this, add an applique of a pug (which I'm still very inexperienced at), and border it. 

I found the cutest little pug applique pattern from FourTwinSisters.com.  The quilt is almost done.  The top is anyways, I just have to sandwich, quilt and then bind it.  It's a good size.  It'll finish at about 54" x 64".  Probably bigger than a lap quilt, and smaller than a twin, but it'll be nice to cuddle under on the couch.  I think it's too big to be a wall hanging, but I'll put a sleeve on it anyways.

My design wall is very small, I really need a bigger wall.  This little area can't even fit the whole quilt.

I hope the Board members like it.  Odds are it will be raffled off, so I hope it brings a good amount of money for the Rescue.





After this I know I need a lot more practice doing applique.

Now to finish the mending I started yesterday before we head to Smith's Fall's (Jim's mom's) for Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...