Saturday, May 12, 2012

Quilts in Bloom Show 2012 - pictures

No point in talking about these much, I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.  Let's just say we have some incredibly talented quilters in and around Ottawa.



Beautiful maple leaves
Doesn't this just look like fall?
This one is beautful in neutrals
I loved the quilting on it

I love the celtic dragonfly here

Awesome memory quilt, the ingenuity to make it look like a bookcase is amazing, almost 3D
This little beauty is less than 22" square... such tiny pieces! (see card below)

 
I love the celtic knots


Another celtic beauty

These were just some of the quilts on display (some even listed they were for sale!).
 I'll be going back again today - I was really disciplined yesterday and didn't buy a thing! except my 3 day pass  :)

Superior Threads has a table there an had some beautiful trilobal threads on huge cones for $14.  I'm going to pick up a read one in anticipation of quilting my Jamestown Landing. 

Also, I met Mari, the owner of Bytowne Threads - she's our very own local Aurifil distributor!

Another vendor table, Kallisti Quilts, had a wonderful selection of sashiko supplies, threads in all colours, not just white, and little kits and lots of patterns and printed fabrics.  I'll have to stop by her stand again.

More later.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...