Sunday, November 2, 2014

Weaving project #1

To get started and practice using the loom, I pulled out some Briggs & Little wool I had and got to it.

I've now woven a piece of fabric I can use to make a new purse!  The extra red section at the end was just to use up the rest of the warp on the loom, but I'm thinking I can use it for the saddle bags I want to make for my spinning wheel.






Not a bad start.

This is a rosepath pattern.
And yes I did make errors, I found one treadling error in the red section.  I'll need to figure out how I did it, because I actually like the effect.  Therefore, it's not an error, it's a "design element" :)


2 comments:

  1. I love your "design" woven piece. It looks so good it's hard to believe it is your first one. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chantal.... it's actually quite meditative once you get going.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...