Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year's Eve Mystery quilt

I found out a few weeks ago that there was a mystery quilt scheduled for New Year's Eve (day).  You know I just had to join in.  It's with the yahoo group QuiltTalk.

I'm doing a lap/twin size using christmas fabrics.



Of course I'm doing mine scrappy, instead of just four colours... I'm using about four colours in each group, reds, greens (these are the mediums), golds are the background and blacks are the "pop".

So far so good.  Here's a picture of them all cut and ready to start sewing.  Hard to believe what looks like such a little amount will make a twin size quilt (once borders are added).  But in some of these packages, there are 140 squares/rectangles.  Lots of piecing ahead. :)


I'm only on the sewing for Clue #1 right now... had a late start this morning because I had to:
 - drive hubby to work
 - shower
 - go check on the cats for a friend who is out of town
 - go to Best Buy and Future Shop to pick up a couple games hubby wants for this evening (his step-son is coming for the evening)
 - go to the grocery store to pick up some last minute items
 - put the turkey in the oven (loaded inside and out with garlic butter)

I'll have to break again soon to pick hubby up from work, and then break again later to make the sausage stuffing.... but I have all day tomorrow to play/sew.

I'll keep posting pics of my progress.



2 comments:

  1. I think you are going to make a gorgeous quilt!! And twin size is perfect for snuggling on the couch!! I hope you have tons of fun making it and a very HAPPY NEW YEAR doing what you love!!

    I love that hubby is playing games and your sewing and everyone is doing what they want to bring in the new year!

    o=only the best to you and yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fabrics are great! I love the gold ones.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...