Thursday, December 8, 2011

Pretty Little Penguins (Orca Bay style)

Since I'm going to be pulling a few out of these and mailing them off to swap with a couple Quiltville friends in the US, I figured I'd better post a picture, before they're depleted.

They went from this....

... to this...

They are adorable!  Over 350 half square triangles, unfinished size is 2".  They will finish in the quilt at 1.5".

I did them three different ways.

One stack was done with the EZ Angle Ruler...

One stack was done with the pdf page from Quilting and Whatnot's site...

...and the rest were done the InkLingo way!!

Seriously, once I did one stack with InkLingo I didn't want to do them any other way.

I don't know why I didn't think of doing them with Linda's InkLingo product in the first place.  I have so many of her other products.  Since she's offering a deal/discount to those of us doing Bonnie's Orca Bay Mystery, I figured, what the heck.

And... why buy a package for just HST's when I could buy a product that would also give me a really cool quilt pattern.... I grabbed the Storm at Sea 9" package.  I love the looks of this quilt, so it's now on my "future" to do list.

Thank you, thank you, thank you Linda Franz... and Monkey! 

Now... since one of the ladies on the Quilt-Talk yahoo chat group posted a recipe for "pasties", I'm going to make them for dinner. :)






3 comments:

  1. What great blocks. I bought the same HSTs and the Storm @ Sea. I also bought the Schoolhouse and the Squares. Can't wait to try them all. Although I used my Accuquilt for the HST just because I had the right die. Looking forward to Clue 4!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking great! I guess there are many ways to skin a cat...awful saying, but you get my meaning :-) Hi from Leeanne here in New Zealand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking blocks, Laurie, but I especially love that purple circle pattern!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...