Monday, March 7, 2011

Snow Dyeing Experiment - Results

Well, (fellow reader), are you as excited to see the results as I was?

I'll warn you now... my camera is good, but given the lighting in my small space, the pictures really don't do these justice.

Each picture is the full yard of fabric.







Seriously, these are way more vibrant in person.

The orange I figure I'll use in a quilt that my sister in law wants.. chocolates and browns.

The green, I'm not sure yet.  Hubby saw it before I put it in the washer and said he'd wear a shirt made with it.  Understand, this is a man who enjoys wearing bright, bold, hawaiian type shirts.  The backing on a crib quilt would be a nice idea for it.

The purple... well... it's so beautiful I almost don't want to cut it!  Hmmm.. possibilities.  I could do a whole cloth lap quilt with a beautiful quilt pattern to enhance it.

Either way, this whole experience has been great and I want to do some more... I think this is the first time I've actually wished for fresh snow!  :)

2 comments:

  1. Just beautiful. I had visions of making snow with my sno cone shaver just so I can try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cool idea. Snow dyeing fabric. I bet you could sell some fabric that you made. It kind of looks like batik fabric.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...